Mark G. Hans, DDS, MSD
Born and raised in Berea, Ohio, Dr. Mark Hans is proud to be able to serve his community with the highest quality of orthodontic care available. He is dedicated to creating a patient-centered practice focused on each individualâ€™s goals and needs.
Dr. Hansâ€™ education gave him a solid foundation in knowledge and training upon which he built his practice. He attended Yale University in New Haven, CT, where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry in 1975. Following graduation, Dr. Hans continued on to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio, where he received his Doctorate of Dental Surgery in 1979 and his Master of Science in dentistry and orthodontics in 1981.
During his education, Dr. Hans was honored several times, winning the Harry Sicher Award for Best Research by an Orthodontic Student and was granted a Presidential Teaching Fellowship.
As one of the youngest doctors ever certified by the American Board of Orthodontics in 1989, Dr. Hans continues to maintain his board certification and was one of only a handful of doctors who volunteered to be re-examined by the board again in 2003.
Dr. Hans currently teaches in the Seminar Approach to General Education (SAGEs) program at Case Western Reserve in a course entitled â€œFace Firstâ€, a study of the human face in society. He has also been named as one of Clevelandâ€™s Top Dentists by Northern Ohio Live.
Dr. Hans met his future wife, Susan, who was a student at Brown University during undergraduate school. Following their graduation from Case Western Reserve University in 1981, they moved to Berea. They have three children, Sarah, Jack, and Thomas.
Selected Professional Highlights
- Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, CWRU, 2008 - 2017
- Director, The Bolton-Brush Growth Study Center, CWRU, 2006 - present
- Professor, Department of Orthodontics, CWRU, 2005 - present
- Interim Director of Research, School of Dentistry, CWRU, 2000 - 2005
- Chairman, Department of Orthodontics, CWRU, 1995 - present
- University Hospitals, Department of Plastic Surgery, 2007 - present
- University Hospitals, Department of Surgery, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1989 - present
- Craniofacial Defects Team, Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital, 1988 - present
Professional and Academic Affiliations
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American College of Dentists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- Ohio Association of Orthodontists
- Cleveland Society of Orthodontists
- Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists, Midwest Component
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Orthodontics
- American Association of Dental Research - Craniofacial Biology Group
- International Association of Dental Research - Craniofacial Biology Group
Click here to download Dr. Hansâ€™ complete CV.
American Association of OrthodontistsÂ®
On this site, you can learn about orthodontic specialists in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. The correction of tooth and jaw alignment results in a healthy, attractive smile thatâ€™s good for life.
American Board of OrthodonticsÂ®
The mission of The American Board of Orthodontics is to establish and maintain the highest standards of clinical excellence in orthodontics.
Click Here to learn more about Dr. Hans interest in facial growth: